Union Troops built a wooden bridge across the Tennessee River utilizing green timber from the area now called North Chattanooga.
It would be swept away during the devestating flood of 1867.
Points of Interest
The Union Army built a waterworks that piped water into town via a reservoir on the side of Cameron Hill.
A view of the original Cameron Hill overlooking Chattanooga. Now home to the massive Blue Cross/Blue Shield offices, the hilltop was 'lopped off' for fill during Interstate-24's construction and was home to the very '70s styled - Cameron Hill Apartments.
In some photo collections, multiple exposures can be found from the same location, bringing to life the movements of those caught in the field of view.