The Chattanooga Public Library shows the following information regarding this photo:
Photograph from one volume of eight scrapbooks compiled by E. Y. Chapin, Walter Cline, and Frank F. Stoops of the Chattanooga Half Century Club.
Crowd on Market Street between 8th and 10th Streets during a Spanish American War parade in Chattanooga. Belgian block pavement is shown, as well as businesses including Globe Saddlery Company, F. H. Wakeman, C. R. Baird and Company, and Milburn Wagon Company.
Chattanooga's Spanish-American War connection.
The memorial plaque:
This cannon was captured by the United States Troops at Santiage de Cuba on the 16th day of July 1898. It was one of the guns which commanded the bay and harbor of Santiago at the time of the sinking of the Merrimac by Lieut. Hobson and his brave party, and was employed by the Spanish Garrison in their effort to destroy them, and is now loaned to the city of Chattanooga by the U.S. Government.