This photo has been referenced as from 1909, however closer inspection suggests 1912. This well-hatted pedestrian paradise would soon give way to the age of the automobile. One auto can be seen on the right side of the street. A constant stream of trolley’s moved the people of Chattanooga where they wanted to go.
Some of the businesses seen here include: