This multi-suite building just past the McCallie Tunnels – represents some of the early commercial expansion past Missionary Ridge on the newly renamed Brainerd Road (formally Bird's Mill Road).
In the early decades of the 20th century, a commercial real estate agent named Lewis Duncan (1879-1964) used photographs to create panoramas of available properties. At the time, this was strictly a manual process using carefully composed photos, cut & assembled side by side.
These photos were found & digitally donated by Evelyn K. Chamberlain via Carol Putnam. Evelyn’s notes show them to be from ‘John Duncan’ - most likely Lewis’s son.