During a recent 'demo and build out' of two historic downtown buildings, a construction crew found documents that had been boxed-in by previous remodeling efforts. Among them were very old canceled bank checks. Robert Parks, president of the T. U. Parks Construction Company, noted that one was made out to a current day vendor, the T. T. Wilson Company and dated in 1888, when the company was a newly established business in Chattanooga.
The documents were retrieved by T. T. Wilson's Rob H. Bentley, who immediately recognized their historical significance.