The Chattanooga Bar Association was established as early as 1893*. Membership and
participation grew slowly to forty members by 1897. An early morning fire on April 3rd of
that year would destroy many of the city’s individual law libraries housed in the Richardson Building.
That tragic event was a catalyst for creation of a mutually shared law library, and became
the foundation of today’s CBA. As of 2023 its membership has grown to over 800
*Chattanooga Daily Times 08 Jul 1893